After a stellar 2017 season, the Mandurah Basketball Association is seeking applications from dynamic, committed and professional coaches to lead our Women’s SBL Program for the 2018 season.
As Head Coach you will thrive in a supportive and inclusive basketball community, and work with our players to emulate the 2017 season successes. Please see Postition Description here: 2018. WSBL Head Coach or below for further information;
Mandurah Basketball Association is seeking applications from interested and experienced persons for the SBL WOMENS HEAD COACH position with the Mandurah Magic. Our Women’s Team is a strong, cohesive and community minded team of athletes, finishing second in the 2017 WSBL Season. As such we are seeking an exceptional candidate that will continue to deliver success within our WSBL program and be ready to engage with the Mandurah Community and foster a collaborative and supportive basketball environment.
Applicants as a minimum, should hold a Level 2 (Association Coach) coaching accreditation or equivalent experience at elite level basketball and be willing to take ownership and be responsible for the development of players within the Mandurah Magic Senior Women’s Program.
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
• The planning, development and performance of the Mandurah Magic SBL Women’s program.
• Select players in accordance with team structure guidelines and budget as discussed with the MBA Board and Directors.
• Work co-operatively and proactively with the MBA SBL Director and Operations Manager to administer all team and player details, contracts, court hire and bookings, travel requirements, fundraisers and events • Work collaboratively with the MBA Development Officer, WABL and Development Directors to help set an overall direction and pathway for the Mandurah Magic SBL program and support the development program for Mandurah Basketball Junior players and Coaches.
• Create a cohesive team and support staff environment that actively engages with the Mandurah Basketball community from grass-roots to elite level.
• Develop a sustainable team culture.
• Be available to attend all trials, squad/team trainings, practice games.
• Have previous Head Coaching experience, ideally at the senior level.
• Have a proven record of successfully leading a high-performance program.
• Have a strong ability to plan and implement training & competition program.
• Have a demonstrated record in individual player development.
• Have effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact positively with the Mandurah Magic basketball community, staff, SBL officials, athletes, supporters and sponsors.
•Be a positive role model on & off the basketball court.
•Have a strong understanding of the high-performance environment.
•Have demonstrated personal resilience and strong work ethic.
•Have a strong desire to learn and develop their coaching capabilities further and effectively mentor their assistant coaches.
•Ideally have a current ‘Association Coach’ (previously called Level 2) NCAS Accreditation.
•Coaches must have a current ‘Working with Children’ Registration Card.
The SBL Women’s Head Coach will report directly to the Mandurah Basketball Association SBL Director.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful application based on their skills and experience.
For further information on this position please contact:
Mandurah Basketball Association Operations Manager, Francine Nicol on 08 9534 7908 or email: email@example.com
Applications marked ‘Private and Confidential’ can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to PO Box 346, Mandurah WA 6210.
Applications close on Thursday 27th September 2017 @4pm.
Mandurah Basketball Association reserves the right to commence interviews prior to the closing date.